Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oregon, California * Day Eighteen 09-05-08

This morning we headed south on I-5 to California.


We found these delicious blackberries along the fence at a highway rest stop. Many people were picking them to eat. They are so delicious.

The Golden State ranks 3rd in land area and 1st in population. Los Angeles is the largest city and Sacramento is the capital.


State flag.


California license.

In Oregon we drove on the I-5 to Grants Pass and headed southwest through the Jedediah Smith Redwood State Park.


I am so excited because this is the first time I have seen an ocean. See the light house in the background?


The Crescent Lighthouse Museum is a visitor attraction that has served for more than a century to warn mariners of the rocky shoreline. The Cape Cod style lighthouse is located on a tiny islet that is connected to Battery Point by an isthmus at low tide.

Watch out Mambev, the tide is coming in.

We drove to Crescent, California which is on the famous 101 highway.

After riding in the van for 374 miles I am ready for my big bed.

No comments: