Sunday, October 12, 2008

Denali, Alaska * Day Thirteen 08-31-08

On Sunday morning everyone woke up early to get to the train station to board the McKinley Explorer for an enchanting railway journey to grand Denali National Park. This is the largest domed rail cars in North America, with impressive and unobstructed view of Alaska's breathtaking natural beauty.

Breakfast was furnished and we could order anything off the menu.

I ordered reindeer sausage, scrambled eggs, hash browns, muffin, juice and coffee.

The McKinley Explorer is a glass-domed train with a great view.

I watched some people rafting down the river.

This is a long train and our car is about in the middle.

I spent most of my time looking out the window.

We spent two nights in the McKinley Chalet Resort. Across the street were many gift shops, restaurants and an ice cream parlor.

I met another friendly bear.

No comments: