Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Brown Mansion in Coffeyville



I was invited to attend a Red Hat luncheon at the Brown Mansion in Coffeyville so I had to go shopping for a suitable hat. Finally found one my size.




Here I am at the Brown Mansion which was completed in 1906 for W. P. Brown at the cost of $125,000. They tell me that was a lot of money in those days. It has 20-inch brick and concrete walls. Better get my hat on and go inside. http://www.kansastravel.org/brownmansion.htm



This is a scale model of the home. The three-story, 16-room home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and sits atop a hill.



The ladies just loved having a man in attendance.



There were lots of beautiful ladies wearing purple clothes and red hats.


I couldn't decide which dessert to take, so I took one of each.

No comments: