Monday, October 20, 2008

Four Corners * Day Twenty-three 09-10-08

Beside the Kayenta, Arizona hotel (in background) was a replica of an Indian village built out of mud.



This explains about the Sweat Lodge that was used in place of a bath because of the shortage of water. Doesn't sound like fun to me.


The Sweat Lodge. It is very short and you (not me) would have to crawl to get inside.



The Land of Enchantment ranks 5th in land area and 36th in population. Albuquerque is the largest city and Santa Fe is the capital.


The New Mexico license is pretty and bright.



We stopped here.


The New Mexico flag is yellow with red in the center (second from right.)


Sign explaining about The Four Corners.


Here I am standing on four states at once.


The wind was so strong that it blew me over. So I am taking a nap in four states.


Mama Bev and view of platform of the four states.



This is my second time to be in Colorado on this trip.



This is Chimney Rock east of Pagosa Springs, Colorado.


We spent the night with friends who live in the mountains west of Pagosa Springs. These are the new friends that I met.



We only drove 225 miles today. Tomorrow we will head for Kansas.


No comments: