Thursday, October 16, 2008

California, Nevada * Day Twenty 09-07-08



















We drove through the area where gold was discovered in California and The Gold Rush began. This is rough country with mountains and steep winding roads. The Gold Rush people didn't have it this good.
























Lake Tahoe is in California and Nevada.
















I didn't know Mama Bev had a lodge here.

















Nevada is another state that I had never been in before.



















From the looks of all the bullet holes I wonder if they really do welcome people here.
The Silver State ranks 7th in land area and 35th in population. Las Vegas is the largest city and Carson City is the capital.
This is my favorite license plate.

A beautiful sunset to finish a beautiful day.

After driving 474 miles we stopped at the Clown Motel in Tonopah, Nevada.
Don't laugh! It was the least expensive, but one of the best that we have stayed in. It was newly redecorated and there were different clowns on every outside door. I recommend it.


















I had fun meeting all the clowns.

















Can you find me?


















This is a fun place to stay.

No comments: